Public procurement of sustainable and innovative goods and services is one of the essential tools for stimulating new technological and service solutions while helping to create jobs and boost the competitiveness of European industry and SMEs. Procurement of innovation helps public authorities achieve more efficient and effective public services, provides solutions that reduce environmental impacts and are socially responsible.
The Guidance for Public Authorities on Public Procurement of Innovation provides easy-to-understand information for any public authority on how to procure innovation. The guide provides:
• An introduction to PPI in practice
• Practical information on how to procure innovation
• Guidance on developing a strategy for PPI
• Explanation of procedures, definitions and answers to common questions
• Case studies and useful resources for further reading
The guide is based on the 2014 EU procurement directives and is ideal for all stakeholders involved in PPI. Whether just starting out or simply looking to improve current procurement activities, every stage of involvement can benefit from this guidance.
Click here to have more information.